Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Burlap Door Hanger Tutorial












After some encouragement from my sister in law, Amy, here is my first attempt at creating a tutorial! I felt inspired to make these Burlap Door Hangers after finding some vintage crocheted doilies at a garage sale. I am going to give them as Mother's Day Gifts. I will save one for my sweet daughter Abigail, to collect her flowers in!

BURLAP DOOR HANGER TUTORIAL

Supplies:
1 Vintage Crocheted Doily at least 12" in Diameter
12" length of Twine String
12" length of White Linen Ribbon (or ribbon of choice for hanging)
8" square piece of Burlap Fabric
Thread/Needle or Sewing Machine (could use hot glue for a No-Sew project)
Small Scrap of Cardstock 1"x 2"
Rub On Transfer (or rubber stamp/ink)

Instructions:
1. Take your 8" square of burlap fabric and fold it in half diagonally to make a triangle.
2. Sew a seam along one of the open sides of your folded burlap piece to form a cone.
3. Turn the piece of burlap right side out so that the seam shows on the inside of the cone.
4. Sew a length of white linen ribbon to the inside of the top of the cone for hanging.
5. Tuck a vintage doily into the cone letting the edges hang over the outside of the cone.
6. Tack (sew) the doily securely to the burlap cone in several places to keep the doily in place.
7. Make a decorative tag by using a scrap of cardstock. Embellish it with a rubber stamp or rub on transfer.
8. Attach the tag to the cone using a strand of twine. Tie it through the holes in the doily. To keep the cone shut so that it hangs better, tie the ribbon through the doily on the front and back of the cone.
9. Fill with flowers!



4 comments:

  1. YAY! This is FANASTIC! Thanks for doing this, Lisa. Now, hopefully I can try this myself, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi therе, Ι ԁiscοvered
    your wеb sitе by means of Gοοglе eνen as looκing for а similar matteг, your wеbsite got here up, it seems to be gгeat.

    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and located that it's rеаlly informative.
    I am gonna be careful for brusѕels.
    I will appreсiate in the event you proceed this
    in futurе. Lots of folκs ωill pгobably bе benefited from your wгіting.
    Cheeгѕ!

    my blog: http://Collegeoddz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I κnow this websіte gives qualіty deрendіng articles аnd other ѕtuff, іs therе any other ωeb
    page which offers such data in quality?

    Ηere iѕ my site :: chat rooms everyday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woω, thiѕ pіece of ωriting iѕ fаѕtidious, my younger sisteг is analуzіng theѕe
    kindѕ οf things, ѕo I am going to inform her.


    Check out my homepаge - Cellulite

    ReplyDelete

I deeply appreciate your comment, and I read each and every one!

You may also enjoy:

Related Posts with Thumbnails