Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Stroll Through the Historic District

Many of you know we own a century home built around 1880. You may not know that we live in a "Historic District" in Salem Ohio! On our street are beautiful preserved century homes of many different styles. While the leaves made a beautiful backdrop, I snapped some photos of a few homes within walking distance to ours. There are a few more beauties on our street, but I thought these would be enough to wet your palate! Happy November!!






















I Love this Stone Wall!









This is a Carriage House our Neighbors own and we can see it when standing in our back yard!



These next few are photos below are of our home....it still needs fixed up on the outside...we have been working on the inside first!




Hope you enjoyed the tour!


10 comments:

  1. Such lovely shots of fall in our neighborhood! Have a blessed day, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all these grand old ladies! How inspiring to live in a historic neighborhood. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to live! Gorgeous neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could look at old houses all day. Your neighborhood reminds of one less than a mile from here. Very pretty.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the character of these historic homes. Lovely pics:)

    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa!
    I love these amazing older homes!
    they have such grace and style!
    They just don't make them like this anymore!
    I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful historic neighborhood you live in, Lisa! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    xoxo,
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful neighborhood you call home! Your house is precious as well you lucky lady you.
    Great photos.
    Hugs~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lisa,
    Thank you for stopping by to visit my recycled holiday gifting.

    I just love these homes so much soul in them.
    Your soulful home is the best girl, and I love every passionate thing you have done to it :)

    see you soon :)
    Blessings
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking us on your walk through the neighborhood Lisa. It was very relaxing, and enjoyable.
    Great pics!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete

I deeply appreciate your comment, and I read each and every one!

You may also enjoy:

Related Posts with Thumbnails